U.S. President Donald Trump says the Board of Peace has reached an agreement for the complete disarmament of Hamas and other armed groups in Gaza [1]. A senior Hamas official told the BBC that the group had accepted a plan to completely disarm and that an official statement would be released soon [2]. Israel had yet to comment officially at the time of the announcement [3].
Hamas Signals Agreement to Disarm Under Trump Plan
Ghazi Hamad, a member of Hamas’s negotiating delegation, confirmed to Al Jazeera on Friday that an agreement had been reached. “These negotiations were difficult and hard, and we tried to reach the best possible formula that was achievable,” Hamad said, according to remarks carried by Reuters and the BBC [4]. He said Hamas will not implement any part of the agreement unless Israeli forces fulfill their obligations, particularly withdrawing from Gaza and advancing reconstruction [4].
Read Full Article: https://www.naturalnews.com/2026-08-03-trump-announces-gaza-disarmament-deal-hamas-signals-acceptance.html
