A federal grand jury Tuesday indicted the suspected gunman at the White House Correspondents’ Association annual dinner on four charges, including attempting to assassinate President Donald Trump.Cole Tomas Allen, the alleged gunman, has been accused of attempting to assassinate Trump, assaulting an officer or employee of the United States with a deadly weapon and two other firearms-related charges, according to The Hill.
The charges come after Allen was placed under suicide watch at a D.C. jail because he allegedly told the FBI that he expected to die during the shooting. Suicide watch protocols mandated Allen remain on a 24-hour lockdown in a “safe cell,” with no phone access to call or receive visits from anyone other than his legal team.
Allen has not entered a plea in the case so far but has agreed to remain in custody pending trial.
Misty Severi is a news reporter for Just The News. You can follow her on X for more coverage.
Trending
- Farmland Prime for Data Centers, But at What Cost?
- Permanent Daylight Saving Bill Advances to House Floor
- May 22nd – 2026 Presidential Politics – Trump Administration Day 488
- Friday May 22nd – Open Thread
- Pelosi backs handpicked successor in San Francisco congressional race — but the money tells a different story
- Vance says convicted Colorado clerk Tina Peters could receive taxpayer money from $1.776 billion anti-weaponization fund
- Three dead, 18 first responders quarantined after unknown substance found in New Mexico home
- Fetterman’s Fox News defense of Trump leaves fellow Democrats fuming