U.S. Attorney Jeanine Pirro isn’t happy that a U.S. judge on Monday ordered the release of a Kentucky woman who was accused of vandalism at the World War II Memorial in Washington, D.C.Melissa Farris, 41, was taken into custody last week and charged with two felony counts, the Associated Press reported.
Farris agreed to conditions of her release, which included surrendering her passport and not leaving the continental U.S. without court approval, according to court documents.
Pirro said that the woman is a flight risk and urged the judge to reconsider the order for her release.
On Thursday, vandals dumped bubble soap into a fountain at the site and spray-painted graffiti in red. One message read: “Clean Hands Dirty $.” Frothy bubbles swelled out of the fountain, which honors the Allies’ victory over Nazi Germany in the Atlantic Theater.
In earlier videos posted on her Facebook account, according to the Associated Press, Farris recorded herself spray-painting the memorial and said she was planning the Aug. 13 action to criticize U.S. tax dollars going to what she alleged were corporate racketeering, embezzlement and slave labor practices, among other issues.
Trending
- Chlorine-washed and chemically soaked: The hidden truth behind Americaâs chicken supply
- Federal Agencies and Pharmaceutical Companies Built Centralized Pandemic Response Structure, Documents Show
- Israeli minister presents execution facility for Palestinian prisoners
- The digital delusion: How AI chatbots are fueling a mental health crisis
- Nutritionistâs Guide to Eating for Healthier Hair: Key Nutrients and Diet Changes
- Natalie Harp’s ‘Freaky’ Alleged Letters to Trump Revealed in Full
- That DSA Leader Promoting Socialism on TV? He Lives in a $1.5 Million Home Paid for by Daddy
- August 22nd – 2026 Presidential Politics – Trump Administration Day 580