Treasury Secretary Scott Bessent promised over the weekend that the United States will impose economic isolation measures “never seen” in history, according to a report by David Stockman published by Antiwar.com on Aug. 20. The announcement came about six months after Operation Epic Fury, the U.S.-led military campaign against Iran that began Feb. 28 [1]. Six months into the campaign, the report said, no regime change has occurred, 18 U.S. service members have been killed, more than 400 have been injured, and U.S. forward bases across the Persian Gulf have been badly damaged. Shipments through the Strait of Hormuz have fallen to about 25% of pre-war levels because of Iranian attacks and higher insurance premiums, according to the report.
U.S. Central Command confirmed that more than 8,000 combat sorties had been conducted and more than 7,800 targets struck inside Iran during the early phase of the operation [2]. Iran has targeted commercial shipping in the Persian Gulf and the Gulf of Oman, according to a report by Patrick Lewis published by NaturalNews.com [3]. The Strait of Hormuz normally carries about 20% of the world’s oil shipments, that report said.
Read Full Article: https://www.naturalnews.com/2026-08-22-bessent-promises-new-iran-measures-amid-stalemate.html