The State Department Sunday night issued a global caution alert to Americans who are traveling or stationed overseas amid an ongoing regional conflict in the Middle East.The U.S. and Israel began a weeks-long conflict against Iran late last month, which resulted in the death of former Iranian Ayatollah Ali Khamenei.
The department said it issued the global alert because Iran has retaliated against the U.S. and Israel by hitting American bases in the region and warned Iran or its proxy groups could expand its efforts to impact U.S. facilities in other countries.
“The Department of State advises Americans worldwide, and especially in the Middle East, to exercise increased caution,” the department said in the alert. “Groups supportive of Iran may target other U.S. interests overseas or locations associated with the United States and/or Americans throughout the world.”
The department also noted that some U.S. consulates and embassies have already been targeted and warned that air travel could be disrupted because of airspace closures. The warning comes as Americans prepare for Spring Break travel.
Misty Severi is a news reporter for Just The News. You can follow her on X for more coverage.
Trending
- Students Boo and Jeer as AI Name-Reader Flops Spectacularly at College Graduation Ceremony
- Trump to endorse in Paxton-Cornyn Senate runoff
- Cornyn: ‘Ship has sailed’ on Trump endorsement
- Georgia state senator sues to allow bipartisan observation of state election operations center
- Senate needles DOJ chief over billion-dollar ‘weaponization’ fund
- Hmmm: Key MN Fraud Figure Claims Omar Took Part in $250M Scam
- UConn Cutting Funding for 36 Club Sports Teams
- Sony marks a decade of noise-canceling innovation with premium 1000X The ColleXion headphones