Close Menu
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • Homeland Security: ICE Plans to Equip Agents With Shock Gloves
    • Zambia Election: Economy, Copper and Burial Dispute Shape Vote
    • Bloomberg: Phoebe Gates Knew About Shopping App’s “Cookie Stuffing” Scheme
    • Study: Organic Land Management Enhances Soil Enzyme Activity, Reduces Reliance on Petrochemical Fertilizers
    • Studies Show Better Sleep Boosts Academic Performance
    • Study: Aquatic Exercise Tied to Largest BDNF Increase, but Researchers Urge Caution
    • Study: Taking Stairs Associated With Lower Risk of Death
    • Studies Link Dietary Fiber to Brain Health, Mood Regulation
    • World News Vids
    • Whatfinger News
    • Donate
    Whatfinger News Quick Hits
    Subscribe
    Sunday, August 16
    • Home
    • Whatfinger News
    • Breaking News 24/7
    • Rumble Fast Clips
    • Right Wing Vids
    • Daily News Link List
    • Military
    • Crazy Clips
    • Entertainment
    • Support Whatfinger
    • Donate To Whatfinger
    Whatfinger News Quick Hits
    Home»News»Justice Department refers to Iranian missile threat in Turkey as assassination plot
    News

    Justice Department refers to Iranian missile threat in Turkey as assassination plot

    Whatfinger EditorBy Whatfinger EditorAugust 14, 2026No Comments3 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

    The Justice Department indicated in a new filing Friday that a security threat against President Donald Trump in Turkey last month was an assassination plot from Iran.The note was part of the department’s emergency appeal to the Supreme Court to allow the White House to construct a new ballroom amid an ongoing legal battle. 
    Solicitor General John Sauer argued recent national security threats indicate the project must proceed without delay, because the ballroom project is also set to include a below-ground military complex and a drone port, according to The Hill. 
    “President Trump has been the target of a growing number of recent assassination attempts,” the solicitor general wrote in his appeal, citing the July 8 “threat of a missile attack against Air Force One” along with other reported incidents. 
    The comment comes after Trump confirmed his advisers told him to switch military planes last month in Turkey in order to avoid an Iranian threat. The president’s security team reportedly told Trump to hide inside a catering truck in order to board the new plane, which was different than the one widely reported.
    The incident occurred while the president was on a trip to a NATO summit in Ankara. Officials announced Trump would depart Turkey in an older presidential plane because of security concerns, officials told the news media, apparently as part of the larger plan to protect Trump, who in late-February launched a conflict with Iran that is still ongoing.
    After boarding the older aircraft, Trump secretly got off via the catering vehicle and moved to a smaller Air Force C-32A. The Qatari-gifted plane, the older aircraft used as Air Force One, and the C-32A then departed for the United Kingdom, where Trump boarded the Qatari-gifted plane for home. 
    The appeal comes after the Washington-based U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit ruled 2-1 on Aug. 7 to uphold a preliminary injunction, stopping construction on a $400 million ballroom on the White House’s demolished East Wing. 
    The National Trust for Historic Preservation sued last year after the Trump administration tore down the East Wing to build a 90,000-square-foot ballroom without authorization from Congress.
    Sauer said the injunction, if allowed to go into effect, “would wrongfully install a single district judge as sole arbiter of what further construction is ‘strictly necessary’ to protect the safety of the President, his family, staff members, and visitors to the White House, including foreign dignitaries, and presidents and prime ministers of other countries.”
    Misty Severi is a news reporter for Just The News. You can follow her on X for more coverage. 


    Read Full Article: https://justthenews.com/government/courts-law/justice-department-refers-iranian-missile-threat-turkey-assassination-plot?utm_source=justthenews.com&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=external-news-aggregators

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Whatfinger Editor

    Related Posts

    Homeland Security: ICE Plans to Equip Agents With Shock Gloves

    August 16, 2026
    Read More

    Zambia Election: Economy, Copper and Burial Dispute Shape Vote

    August 16, 2026
    Read More

    Bloomberg: Phoebe Gates Knew About Shopping App’s “Cookie Stuffing” Scheme

    August 16, 2026
    Read More
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    🛑Breaking News 24/7 📰Rumble Clips👍 Choice Clips🎞️CRAZY Clips😜 Right Wing Vids🔥Military⚔️Entertainment🍿Money💵Crypto🪙Sports🏈World🌍Sci-Tech🧠 ‘Mainstream 🗞️Twitter –X🐤Lifehacks🤔 Humor Feed 🤡 Humor Daily🤡 Live Longer❤️‍🩹 Anime😊  Food🍇 US Debt Clock 💳 Support Whatfinger💲

    Whatfinger News Quick Hits
    Whatfinger Quickhits is published by Whatfinger News

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.