Israeli military leadership says it will need “several more weeks” of fighting to achieve its war goals in Iran, contradicting President Donald Trump, who has said the conflict would last “four weeks or less.”The Pentagon has reportedly dispatched around 2,000 airborne troops to the region to put pressure on the Iranian regime as Trump released what he said was a 15-point framework plan that could end U.S. participation in the conflict if Tehran agrees to it. But most analysts said Iran was unlikely to be swayed by Trump’s proposal, which is based on a plan originally floated last year.
Friday will mark four weeks since Israeli and U.S. forces launched the conflict with waves of intense bombing of Tehran and other key Iranian cities and military targets.
Trending
- SpaceX confirms plans to take company public in new securities filing
- JUST IN: Vanessa Trump Announces Breast Cancer Diagnosis
- Meta Cuts 8,000 Jobs, AI to Blame
- IPCC Retires Its Most Implausible Global Warming Scenarios
- Ex-Cuban Dictator Indicted for Americans’ Deaths; Trump-Endorsed Candidates Sweep Primaries | Capitol Report
- Why Democrats are abandoning climate-change agenda – ‘Ardent anti-capitalists who once made climate a focus of their agenda are giving the game away by abandoning the cause’
- Mandatory retirement for New York judges hits top state court
- Cubs’ Pete Crow-Armstrong Apologizes, Gets Hit With Fine After Cursing Off Female Fan