Israeli military leadership says it will need “several more weeks” of fighting to achieve its war goals in Iran, contradicting President Donald Trump, who has said the conflict would last “four weeks or less.”The Pentagon has reportedly dispatched around 2,000 airborne troops to the region to put pressure on the Iranian regime as Trump released what he said was a 15-point framework plan that could end U.S. participation in the conflict if Tehran agrees to it. But most analysts said Iran was unlikely to be swayed by Trump’s proposal, which is based on a plan originally floated last year.
Friday will mark four weeks since Israeli and U.S. forces launched the conflict with waves of intense bombing of Tehran and other key Iranian cities and military targets.
Trending
- May 21st – 2026 Presidential Politics – Trump Administration Day 487
- Thursday May 21st – Open Thread
- Federal Regulator Sues Minnesota Over State Ban on Prediction Markets
- Adult desire vs. God’s design: The true battle over defining what is a family
- The 1 biblical truth Christians are missing in the race debate
- Fiscal burden of illegal aliens gradually disappearing due to Trump border crackdown
- NATO allies under pressure to increase their defense as US reduces its number of troops in Europe
- AAG Todd Blanche Expected to Make Major Announcement About Fraud Accountability from Minneapolis Tomorrow