Labor Secretary Lori Chavez-DeRemer’s husband has been banned from the Labor Department’s headquarters after two staffers accused him of sexually assaulting them, the New York Times reported Thursday.Washington’s Metropolitan Police Department’s sexual assault unit is investigating at least one of the allegations, which stem from December, including one incident that was captured on security cameras, sources told the outlet. The footage allegedly shows Dr. Shawn DeRemer giving one of the accusers an extended embrace.
One source said Shawn DeRemer was barred from entering the building on Constitution Ave after the reports were made.
“If Mr. DeRemer attempts to enter, he is to be asked to leave,” a building restriction notice viewed by the New York Times reads.
The DeRemers have not commented on the allegations so far and an attorney representing the secretary declined to comment.
The allegations come as the Labor Department’s Office of the Inspector General is investigating another sexual misconduct accusation, which centers around a claim that the secretary had an inappropriate sexual relationship with a member of her security detail and abused her office by taking staff to strip clubs and taking personal trips at taxpayer expense.
The secretary’s attorney in the inspector general’s case has denied the allegations.
Trending
- ICE-Protesting Students Invade Ohio Grocery, Throw Items That Hit A Shopper: Witness
- Amazon Can Be Sued Over Suicides Linked to Sodium Nitrite, Court Rules
- United Airlines Revamps Loyalty Program, Steers Flyers Toward United-Branded Payment Cards
- Zohran Mamdani Now Proposing to Defund the Police in NYC in Order to Fund His Radical Agenda
- More Than 100 Students Suspended for ICE Walkout in Oklahoma
- Man Pulls Gargantuan Bone Of Mammoth Or Mastodon Out Of River, And All Of A Sudden, This Is On My Bucket List
- Supreme Court to hear arguments and take up birthright citizenship in April
- Department of Education issues guidance on prayer in schools, outlining requirements