Border Czar Tom Homan on Monday confirmed that a small federal security force would remain in Minnesota after he announced a drawdown of federal operations in the state.Minneapolis has been the site of tense clashes between Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) officials and anti-ICE demonstrators. Homan, earlier this month, announced the conclusion of major ICE operations in the city.
He did, however, confirm that a “security force” would “remain for a short period of time, just to make sure the coordination, the agreements we have with local and state law enforcement stay in place and they respond to a public safety threat when needed,” he said, according to The Hill.
One of the key developments leading to the drawdown was Homan’s negotiations of agreements with local law enforcement to cooperation with immigration authorities, especially on the detention of violent illegal aliens.
Ben Whedon is the Chief Political Correspondent at Just the News. Follow him on X.
Trending
- Wildfire Threat Increases In Plains Due To Strong Winds, Warm Temperatures; State Of Emergency Declared In Kansas
- DOJ Says Epstein File Release Is Over — Hundreds of Names Revealed, Including Trump, But Millions of Pages Still Withheld
- AOC Roasted by Left and Right After Foreign Policy Flubs Go Viral
- KURT MICELI: The Silence Has Been Broken. Will The Rest Of Organized Medicine Listen?
- Federal Judge Orders Restoration of Slavery Exhibit at Philadelphia Historic Site
- February 17th – 2026 Presidential Politics – Trump Administration Day 394
- Tuesday February 17th – Open Thread
- Anderson Cooper Signs Off From ’60 Minutes’