Close Menu
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • King Charles III’s younger brother Andrew arrested by British police in Epstein-related probe
    • BREAKING: Ex-Prince Andrew Reportedly Arrested in the UK
    • Stephen Colbert, Democrat Candidate Falsely Blame Trump for Pulled Interview
    • Mistrial Declared for 9 Antifa Defendants After Attorney’s Sunt
    • Trump Celebrates 100th Anniversary of Black History Month
    • The Former Prince Andrew Reportedly In Police Custody In Connection With The Epstein Files
    • WATCH: Five Purple State Bureaucrats Get Caught in Major Corruption, Election Fraud Scandal Involving Secret ID Sales
    • “The Dems Exposed Themselves”: Democrat Leader Roasted after He Has Total Meltdown Over Democrats’ Epstein Ties Exposed
    • World News Vids
    • Whatfinger News
    • Donate
    Whatfinger News Quick Hits
    Subscribe
    Thursday, February 19
    • Home
    • Whatfinger News
    • Breaking News 24/7
    • Rumble Fast Clips
    • Right Wing Vids
    • Daily News Link List
    • Military
    • Crazy Clips
    • Entertainment
    • Support Whatfinger
    • Donate To Whatfinger
    Whatfinger News Quick Hits
    Home»News»Federal judge rules ICE cannot detain Abrego Garcia again
    News

    Federal judge rules ICE cannot detain Abrego Garcia again

    Whatfinger EditorBy Whatfinger EditorFebruary 17, 2026No Comments3 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

    A federal judge ruled Tuesday that Immigration and Customs Enforcement cannot detain Kilmar Abrego Garcia again, now that the 90-day window in which he could be deported has closed.U.S. District Judge Paula Xinis in Maryland, an Obama appointee, said the Trump administration was attempting to “rewrite the history of this case,” in their latest attempt to detain and deport Abrego Garcia, who has been charged with human trafficking, and noted that the defendant has spent ample time in ICE custody already.
    Xinis said the 90-day window of removal for Abrego Garcia closed long ago and there was no reason to believe that the Trump administration would successfully deport Abrego Garcia immediately. She also said there was no legal basis to keep him detained in the meantime. 
    “The court easily concludes that there is no ‘good reason to believe’ removal is likely in the reasonably foreseeable future,” she wrote in the 10-page decision. “[Federal officials] have done nothing to show that Abrego Garcia’s continued detention in ICE custody is consistent with due process.”
    Abrego Garcia is a Salvadoran migrant who was deported to his home country last year despite a 2019 court order that barred his return to El Salvador because of fears of persecution and gang violence.
    The Salvadoran has told immigration officials that he would prefer to be sent to Costa Rica if he must be deported, which Xinis noted Tuesday that the Trump administration has ignored. 
    “Since August 2025, Respondents have refused to procure Abrego Garcia’s immediate removal to Costa Rica in favor of phantom removals to three (maybe four) African countries,” Xinis wrote in her order. “Indeed, since Abrego Garcia secured his release from criminal custody in August 2025, Respondents have made one empty threat after another to remove him to countries in Africa with no real chance of success.
    “At the same time, Respondents purposely—and for no reason—ignored the one country that has consistently offered to accept Abrego Garcia as a refugee, and to which he agrees to go,” she added.
    Abrego Garcia’s lawyer, Simon Sandoval-Moshenberg, said his client still prefers to be sent to Costa Rica and urged the Trump administration to agree to send the Salvadoran there instead of appealing the order, according to The Hill. 
    “In her decision today, [Judge Xinis] recognized that if the government were truly trying to remove Mr. Abrego Garcia from the United States, they would have sent him to Costa Rica long before today,” he said. “We hope the government does not appeal this order, and instead finally comes to the table in good faith to work out the details of a removal plan to Costa Rica.”


    Read Full Article: https://justthenews.com/government/courts-law/federal-judge-rules-ice-cannot-detain-abrego-garcia-again?utm_source=justthenews.com&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=external-news-aggregators

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Whatfinger Editor

    Related Posts

    King Charles III’s younger brother Andrew arrested by British police in Epstein-related probe

    February 19, 2026
    Read More

    BREAKING: Ex-Prince Andrew Reportedly Arrested in the UK

    February 19, 2026
    Read More

    Stephen Colbert, Democrat Candidate Falsely Blame Trump for Pulled Interview

    February 19, 2026
    Read More
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    • Is Ivermectin the Key to Fighting Cancer? …. – Wellness (Dr. McCullough’s company) Sponsored Post 🛑 You can get MEBENDAZOLE  and Ivermectin from Wellness 👍

    🛑Breaking News 24/7 📰Rumble Clips👍 Choice Clips🎞️CRAZY Clips😜 Right Wing Vids🔥Military⚔️Entertainment🍿Money💵Crypto🪙Sports🏈World🌍Sci-Tech🧠 ‘Mainstream 🗞️Twitter –X🐤Lifehacks🤔 Humor Feed 🤡 Humor Daily🤡 Live Longer❤️‍🩹 Anime😊  Food🍇 US Debt Clock 💳 Support Whatfinger💲

    Whatfinger News Quick Hits
    Whatfinger Quickhits is published by Whatfinger News

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.