Close Menu
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • Three former Silicon Valley engineers charged with stealing Google, tech secrets, shared with Iran
    • Bad River Band appeals of recent ruling approving Line 5 reroute permits
    • Team USA advances to Olympic men’s hockey finals after defeating Slovakia 6-2
    • FCC launches Pledge America Campaign urging broadcasters to air patriotic content for nation’s 250th
    • Trump tours Georgia steel mill as industry surges under Trump tariffs
    • NASA eyes March 6 for Artemis II lunar mission after successful dress rehearsal
    • Watch Live: The WAR Zone Podcast With Wayne Allyn Root Presented by The Gateway Pundit- Supreme Court Strikes Down Trump’s Tariffs and More!
    • NTD Evening News Full Broadcast (Feb. 20)
    • World News Vids
    • Whatfinger News
    • Donate
    Whatfinger News Quick Hits
    Subscribe
    Friday, February 20
    • Home
    • Whatfinger News
    • Breaking News 24/7
    • Rumble Fast Clips
    • Right Wing Vids
    • Daily News Link List
    • Military
    • Crazy Clips
    • Entertainment
    • Support Whatfinger
    • Donate To Whatfinger
    Whatfinger News Quick Hits
    Home»News»Colbert, CBS feud heats up over Talarico interview after outlet dismisses reports it blocked segment
    News

    Colbert, CBS feud heats up over Talarico interview after outlet dismisses reports it blocked segment

    Whatfinger EditorBy Whatfinger EditorFebruary 18, 2026No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

    The ongoing feud between The Late Show host Stephen Colbert and CBS, which airs the program, heated up Tuesday night after Colbert claimed the network’s denial that it blocked a political interview from airing was “crap.”Colbert claimed during his Monday night show that he was supposed to have Texas Democratic state Rep. James Talarico, who is running for the Democratic nomination for the U.S. Senate from Texas, on his show but was told by the network’s lawyers not to do the interview or even mention it.
    The network denied that interpretation of the decision not to air the interview during the normal program, stating that it warned him instead that the interview could trigger the Federal Communications Commission’s equal-time rule.
    Colbert said during Tuesday night’s episode of his talk show that the denial was dishonest because the network’s legal team reviews the script of each episode before it airs.
    “They know damn well that every word of my script last night was approved by CBS lawyers, who, for the record, approve every script that goes on the air,” Colbert said. “In fact, between the monologue I did last night, and before I did the second act talking about this issue, I had to go backstage. I got called backstage to get more notes from these lawyers. Something that had never, ever happened before.”
    The talk show host said he did not want an “adversarial” relationship with the network, which he will be leaving in May, but was “so surprised that this giant global corporation would not stand up to these bullies.”
    “Come on, you’re Paramount. No, no, no, you’re more than that. You’re Paramount+. Plus what? I guess we’re all going to find out pretty soon,” he said. “And for the lawyers to release this without even talking to me is really surprising.”
    The feud comes after FCC Chair Brendan Carr issued guidance last month, reminding broadcasters of the equal access rule that requires political candidates to have equal access to broadcast air time regardless of political affiliation.


    Read Full Article: https://justthenews.com/accountability/media/colbert-cbs-feud-heats-over-talarico-interview-after-outlet-dismisses-reports?utm_source=justthenews.com&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=external-news-aggregators

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Whatfinger Editor

    Related Posts

    Bad River Band appeals of recent ruling approving Line 5 reroute permits

    February 20, 2026
    Read More

    Three former Silicon Valley engineers charged with stealing Google, tech secrets, shared with Iran

    February 20, 2026
    Read More

    Trump tours Georgia steel mill as industry surges under Trump tariffs

    February 20, 2026
    Read More
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    • Is Ivermectin the Key to Fighting Cancer? …. – Wellness (Dr. McCullough’s company) Sponsored Post 🛑 You can get MEBENDAZOLE  and Ivermectin from Wellness 👍

    🛑Breaking News 24/7 📰Rumble Clips👍 Choice Clips🎞️CRAZY Clips😜 Right Wing Vids🔥Military⚔️Entertainment🍿Money💵Crypto🪙Sports🏈World🌍Sci-Tech🧠 ‘Mainstream 🗞️Twitter –X🐤Lifehacks🤔 Humor Feed 🤡 Humor Daily🤡 Live Longer❤️‍🩹 Anime😊  Food🍇 US Debt Clock 💳 Support Whatfinger💲

    Whatfinger News Quick Hits
    Whatfinger Quickhits is published by Whatfinger News

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.